Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Thoughts that cross my mind


Today i had been for one of our close relatives daughters wedding reception. It was absolutely off my mind that today was Divya's wedding reception. Mom told me about it last night and as i was angry with mom, i told her that i wont be coming for the party. But today afternoon my dad told me to join them in the party so that the other relatives would feel happy with my presence.
I just asked myself a few questions lying in the bed in the afternoon :
  • Why do i have to go for the reception when i dont know the girl at all. ( I have just spoken to her only twice)
  • Dad said that the relatives would feel good with my presence. ( Am i some kinda public hero that they would be happy to see me.)
  • Why do i feel so weird when i relaise that someone of my age is getting married.

I didnt bother to think twice about the first two questions; but the third question hit me hard.

Its not that i feel jealous lokoing at the newly wed couple or something of that sort . But its all about the various thoughts that my parents go through when they see a happily married blessed couple. Coz their daughter aged 24 is still not married. I am not in hurry to get married neither are my parents. But they have to get me married soon coz of the SOCIETY. Because the society speaks about someones daughter if she is still at home and not married yet at the age of 24.

I dont know but its just kinda crazy... i dont feel like going to any weddings or receptions with my parents coz i cant look into their eyes after the entire episode.

When i went for the reception today evening; every one was asking me " So kiran when are u getting married. " I had no words to say. After having a break up and then again falling in love its kinda hard to digest the fact of trusting men who would love u and are ready to get married to you.

My boyfriend does love me very much and is ready to speak to my parents about our wedding, but he needs time to settle down financially and i do appreciate his thought. But the next question that comes into my mind is that my ex boyfriend couldnt speak to my parents about our wedding " the only reason being his parents were a bit conservative" . I am not blaming him or blaming his parents but the entire situation makes me think on only one question " Why fall in love when u cant stick on to it. "

Dont you think once before falling in love as to how would ones parents react and take the entire thing ?

8 Comments:

Blogger adarsh said...

ex-boy friend, boy-friend, and would be....what is this?

May 28, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger adarsh said...


" Dont you think once before falling in love as to how would ones parents react and take the entire thing ?


good question....

but how do one find out that one is going to fall in love..?

one would realise it only after falling in love..

and while falling in love.. one forgets everything else in the world .. including friends, parents, society...

when one cannot think abt anything else except the partner.... how could u expect to think abt the consequences?

and love is not business.. to think a lot before falling into it...it just happens..

May 28, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Kiran said...

Hi Adarsh,

*Ex Boy friend.. ofcourse u know what it means.
My current boy friend and my wouldbe are the same :)

*Yes people Do not some to know in advance if they would fall in love but then when u formally propose the person dont u think about it at that time ??

May 28, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger adarsh said...

is marriage the ultimate aim of love?

May 29, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger Kiran said...

no it is not adarsh but for may ppl it is.. whne i love someone i love them completely and for me loving someone should end up with the relationship named wedding.

May 29, 2006 12:24 AM  
Blogger adarsh said...

so u mean, if one could not marry the person they love.. they should stop loving them?

May 29, 2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Kiran said...

i never said that .. what i am trying to tell here is dont give hopes.

May 29, 2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger Glasstank said...

I guess once 2 people have done exploring each other they know whether their relationship would see fruition. But yeah if one party has greater expectations about the whole thing while the other doesnt..its doomed ab initio.

May 30, 2006 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home