Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Whats the world got for me !!

For some reason I find myself in a very vague mood. Been happening quite a bit lately. Just to retain mental composure seems an uphill task. And then I hate sticky wickets.
And whats adding to salt to the wounds is the fact that people tend to run to you with their problems. You could say I am almost *this* close to becoming an agony aunt. [its a std phrase, I dare you to use such a word :)] Well its the way the world is ...any problem that is ours and it does go under all sorts of optical devices - magnifying glasses, microscopes even a telescope ...people often worry about problems that could come in future too. Ok now you do actually lend a ear and offer a plausible solution and pat comes a reply "You dont know how it is" or "Its easy to say all that". Sometimes they say it with such a tone you even begin to wonder if they were serious about finding a solution at all. All they wanted to do was talk, more importantly about themselves. At times you also sense a "You are so lucky its not like that with you!!" undertone. That my friends is the last straw. I know I was dumb enough to sit through it all in the first place.
I dont deny the fact that these people do have real problems. But the best way to deal with is to have a clarity in thought, a thorough self examination and finally decisive action. Talking about it does help to the extent that it is a genuine vent of pent up emotions or seeking advice from people who matter.
Like many of us, I too have had a fair share of problems, and as much as I would like to run and carry them to someone, all I ask for is, that someone say "It'll be alright!!".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend once, who was probably clinically depressed, and overdosed on meds at least once every two weeks.

She didn't want to die, she just wanted the attention. After about four months my roommate and I couldn't handle it anymore. Because if people don't actually want to see change, no amount of effort on your part is going to help. Tis a sad truth.

(Btw, said friend is doing fine now. That didn't end bad.)

But anyway, I think the point of friendship is to help carry each other when life gets too hard to handle on our own. You certainly deserve to have friends like that.

June 03, 2005 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home