Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

If You Think You're a Good Person Don't Read This

Why is everyone so obsessed with being a good person?
Let me explain, I was helping a friend with her ethics { which i dont have at all } homework on a discussion board. Everyone on the board is talking about what is ethical and what is not, like they actually know. The majority of these people, if you talk to them, hold out that they are a ‘good person’(Surprise!). Good based on what?



For once, I want to meet someone that knows they are a bad person but wants to change. Whenever I ask people why they are a good person they never seem to know. ‘Well I am a moral person’ they will say or like the little kid I talked to the other day, ‘I don’t hit’. Since everyone seems to think they are a good ethical and moral person I decided I would do some research to find out why… How can a person do whatever they want to do and still say the are a good person?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I believe people are basically good, with good intentions, but with a natural tendency to look after themselves first. I don't know, it may be partially a cultural thing here in the states. I also believe we have a tendency to mess up, sort of like it's built in that we'll act first and regret it later.

I think some people do choose to strive to be better, and others just don't care.

June 24, 2005 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home