Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A moving experience

Being an army officers daughter is is always a difficult time when one decides to move when he has been transffered to another town. Shifting very stressful activity for a good number of reasons.
One, you are appalled by your own skill in the art of accumulation. Its all the more frustrating to note the percentage of accumulated stuff that you actually put to use. Next time I go shopping I will surely remember to pinch myself. You see tons and tons of cartons around you and wonder how the hell the nomads lived? No TV no refrigerator, no washing machine , no light bulbs! Besides there are other things you dont really need but cannot throw away for the sheer sentimental value. Its even frustrating when its one of the bigger and most space occupying part of the baggage. Like ur favourite plant, ur bed, toys and so on.. ~sigh~
There is also this heaviness of leaving the place behind you. Staying for a while you tend to get attached to the surrounding, the neighbours tiny tots who plant a few pecks in the hope of some toffeee or chewing gum, the trees and even the road that leads you there. You develop a kind of familiarity (that doesnt breed any contempt whatsoever). Never could make good friends for a life time. You know used to feel at home and now home is going to be elsewhere and the the memory of this place(an the time you spent there) will soon fade away. Realisation dawns that any home is only going to be temporary and even homes dont last for ever.

Now after my father told me that i might have to leave Bangalore and go to another city, i wonder if i would b able to take this dilemma of moving into another town where i have spent 5 years of my most precious days of my life. I kinda wonder if i would eb able to get away from these pppl here around me. I know my mother wont let me stay here alone. But guess dad might have to go alone.
Life is all about moving with times. And the lighter the baggage the easier it'll be to move next time around.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until this past August, I lived within 45 minutes of any previous location I called home. Then in August, I packed up my little Honda civic and moved 12 hours away to Raleigh, North Carolina, where I am now.

My dream is to live the nomadic life. Travel around the world with a backpack and not much more. Maybe when I hit India we can meet. :)

April 14, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Kiran said...

sure we will.. i would be waiting for u :)

April 14, 2005 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning on a trip sometime next year. As soon I can claim financial stability I plan on hitting the road (or in this case, the airport) and spending at least a month traveling from north to south India. So yes, we'll have to meet up. :)

April 14, 2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Kishore said...

This is me.. Take this..

Delhi - 9yrs
Chennai - 4yrs
Tricy - 7yrs
Madurai - 2yrs
Bangalore - Past 2.5 yrs

So, how is that for a nomadic life.. :-)

April 15, 2005 6:08 AM  
Blogger Kiran said...

wanna listen to mine..
born in Pune 3 months..moved to gwahati 1.5 yrs..moved to delhi 2 yrs...moved to gwalior(MP)5 yrs...moved to Hissar(haryana)2.5 yrs...moved to mysore 5yrs...moved to Roorkee 1yr...moved to bangalore till date 5yrs....though my dad has more in the list...

April 15, 2005 6:25 AM  
Blogger Pradeep Nair said...

Moving around is the easiest in early part of our lives. Once we have settled down with family it becomes more difficult, as members get scattered around with accompanying problems. The worst is finding a school for the child.

Till some 15 or 20 years back, mostly guys took up a job away from home and then moved from city to city as they grew in their profession. Now you see more and more women too doing that. Really an encouraging sign.

April 15, 2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger oremuna said...

well said

nicely written

April 20, 2005 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home