Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Birthdays !!

Ever wondered how a one-year old would feel during his first birthday celebration. Bet ya he/she wouldnt know half of whats happening around. Sometimes I am not sure if I wud look at the Cds or photo and be proud if my parents gave me the grandest first b'day party with balloons floating all over the place and other kids enjoying camel rides??

It never happened tho. I mean my parents giving me the grandest one. I am sure there would have been some rejoicing and all ..a few snaps, a small party for near and dear.

As we begin to grow older, we realise birthdays are something to look forward to. Goodies gauranteed! New clothes, gifts, if you are lucky you get whatever you ask for...you are assured of a party unless you are born during an exam season[and end up cursing your DOB]. You also get to take sweets to school, wear colored clothes on that one day whereas the rest of the school come in uniform...and the works. These days kids get to have their parties hosted at some swanky Pizza Corner or Shoppers Stop .. [Back then, those few days we went out for pizzas were like parties]

Once past high school they begin to get more fun..more late night stuff, games, parties. Out of college and into work.. things tend to get a lil more seirous. Each passing year brings more responsibilty, more goals. A job one year, a car the next, a house 10 yrs down the line. Getting married somewhere in between :). Each birthday is like a milestone towards each goal. After a point, certain people start getting jittery about age. That one grows older is ineveitable, and looking at the other option I'd choose the former. Funny tho, that the looking-forward-to factor of birthdays drastically reduces with age. An amazing exception being a man I saw at a pub recently. Whole of 75 yrs and danced with his grand daughter with gay abandon, putting all guys on floor to shame. :)

Back to b'days, this is for someone who just turned 26 today, loves music and is indifferent to CnH. Cheers..*raises a toast*. Bash on regardless!
Happy Birthday to u pal...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your insights. Having just turned 25, I figure this is the last birthday I'll celebrate until 30. And by celebrate, I mean recognize. I celebrated by working at my second job all night. ;)

April 21, 2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Kiran said...

hey sara.. i am still 23... 25 is another friend of mine..

April 21, 2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Pradeep Nair said...

I turned 40 on April 4. Somehow in our house we never had a bash for birthdays. A visit to the temple, payasam (pudding) at home... that is it... I haven't taken leave on my birthday. But I do look forward to it every year, and for me it is a landmark in the journey of life, when I do some stock taking.

April 22, 2005 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home