Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sales Experience!!

The manager asks, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The Indian says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home".
Well, the manager liked the young man, so he gave him the job.
"You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see howyoudid, but let me give you a bit of advice.
If a customer comeslooking,say, for toothpaste, you might suggest for him a toothbrush, orshavingcream etc. You get the idea?"
"Of course," the young man said.
His first day on the job was rough but he got through it.After the store was locked up, the manager came down.
"How manysalesdid you make today?
The Indian says, "One"
The manager groans, "Just one? Our sales people avg 20 or 30sales/day.How much was the sale for?"
The Indian says, "$101,237.64."
The manager exclaims, "What? $101,237.64? What did you sell him!?"
The Indian replied, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then Isoldhim a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing,and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department andsoldhimthat 4X4 Pajero."
The manager says "You mean a guy came in here to buy a fish hookandyou sold him a boat and truck?!"
The Indian says, "No, no, no, he came in here to buy a box of cotton for himself as his mother in loaw was home... and I said,"Well, since your weekend's already screwed up you might as well go fishing."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sales ppl can even sell a comb 2 a baldy...
This salesguy seems 2 b Very SMART...
Nice 1 kiran..
how do u manage Salesguy approaching u??

February 23, 2005 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home