Whats The Meaning Of Life !!!!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

20 best excuses for calling in SICK !!!

You've heard of the dog who ate homework, but what about the cat who unplugged the alarm clock? These days, people are getting very creative when they don't want to go to work.
One trend that also may be influencing the higher rate of unscheduled absences is the fact that the number of employers allowing employees to carry over sick time from one year to the next is trending downward and has dropped from more than one-half of companies (51 percent) in 2000 to 37 percent in 2004.
But could you get away with saying you had to go to your mother's dog's funeral or that you had brain cancer? Would you believe an employee who had the swine flu, forgot the way to work, or was arrested because of mistaken identity? Think carefully, if you're debating calling in sick, here are some of the most unusual excuses workers gave for missing work.

*I was sprayed by a skunk.

*I tripped over my dog and was knocked unconscious.

*My bus broke down and was held up by robbers.

*I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity.

*I forgot to come back to work after lunch.

*I couldn't find my shoes.

*I hurt myself bowling.

*I was spit on by a venomous snake.

*I totaled my wife's jeep in a collision with a cow.

*A hitman was looking for me.

*My curlers burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser.

*I eloped.

*My brain went to sleep and I couldn't wake it up.

*My cat unplugged my alarm clock.

*I had to be there for my husband's grand jury trial.

*I had to ship my grandmother's bones to India.

*I forgot what day of the week it was.

*Someone slipped drugs in my drink last night.

*A tree fell on my car.

*My monkey died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home